Thursday, June 7, 2018

Garden Update

We finally got a good break from the rain.  The sunshine did wonders for the garden. 



We have plenty of small tomatoes.  I can hardly wait for the first ripe one!


The cucuamelon vines are growing like crazy but no blooms just yet.


The cantaloupe plants are blooming though.  It seems the marigolds worked well against the nematodes.


Marshmallow


Hibiscus


The herb garden.  I did lose the peppermint that I transplanted.  I am going to root a few cuttings and plant again.  This week I also planted lemon basil, calendula, and lamb's ear seeds.


One fish pepper plant


The bee balm and a hummingbird feeder.  I bought the stand a few years ago at a yard sale.  This year I bought smaller hummingbird feeders.  With the hot summer weather I have to change them often so having large feeders does not make much sense.


The bees definitely love the bee balm!




Our pear tree is loaded.  If the squirrels stay away, we should have a good harvest this year.

1 comment:

Beckyathome said...

I love your garden pictures. You are way ahead of us on most things, but I did notice a very few tiny tomatoes starting to form on the Glacier Extra Early tomatoes, so there's hope around here, too. My squash and cucumber plants are about 2-3 inches. They just got true leaves. They will grow all summer, though, once they get going.

Your flowers are lovely as well.