Friday, June 22, 2018

Frugal Friday

I had W lower some hanging baskets on our front porch so there are easier for me to water.  He used some pieces of matching chain that he already had on hand.  I planted some excess chocolate mint in the baskets.  I expect in a month of so visitors will be greeted with the scent when they walk by.




I volunteered to make breadsticks and a dessert for a women's ministry meeting at church.  I only needed a box of vanilla wafers to add to ingredients on hand for mini cheesecakes. 


W went to help his dad with a home project on our normal errand day.  I opted to skip going into town this week and work on things around the house.


I am in charge of crafts again for my church's Vacation Bible School next month.  One of the projects requires yarn pieces.  Rather than cutting up good yarn, I have started bagging up all of my scraps.  I expect to have a good assortment from something that would have been thrown away.


We did things ourselves - mowed the grass and bathed Toby.  I hung out laundry and cooked from scratch.  We also ate up the leftovers.  The chickens and rabbits got excess/overgrown produce from my parents' and aunt's gardens. 



No comments: