Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Garden Update

We have finally had several days of sunny weather.  I was able to get a bit of work done in the garden.  W ended up getting in there with the weed eater to knock down the weeds in the newer part.  With all of the rain I simply could not keep up.




I cleaned up around another group of fruit trees.  In this part of the yard we have lemon, lime, mandarin, and kumquat trees.




The mystery tomatoes are growing well ,and some are starting to bloom.  It will be fun to see what we end up harvesting.  In the bottom photo you can also see the tiny lemon basil seedlings.


Later this week we will be able to harvest our first tomato!


The banana pepper plants are putting on peppers.


The cucuamelon vines have grown like weeds and have teeny, tiny cucuamelons.


The tomatillo plants are full of blooms.  We love salsa verde.


The cantaloupe vines are packed with blooms and are popular with the bees.


I am hoping this pot of lettuce lasts long enough for us to harvest a bit.  I have it in the shade in hopes of counteracting the heat.


The hibiscus will not bloom until the fall.  The zucchini mixed in will be done long before then.


Celosia for the bees and flower arrangements


Regular basil


More tomatillos and lime basil


I also found some lime basil growing in between the beds and will move it to a safer place.


W used some twine to make the raspberry bushes more manageable.


I am excited this year that we have been able to harvest more raspberries.


The kiwi vines are happily climbing the new fence and putting on new growth!


Cosmos add some color to the garden.


How is your garden doing this year?  I still have pumpkin seeds to plant, and then I can start thinking about the fall garden.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

Happily found three different coleus plants coming up in a pot that I'd pulled up pansies from. They are very tiny yet, just barely over two thumbs in width but I was pleased as punch to find them. I have no basil growing this year. I was so hopeful seeds from last year would come up but no volunteers and my house is such a mess I can't find my packets of seeds!