Thursday, May 10, 2018

Garden Update

I am hitting just the high points this week in the garden post.




I have some volunteer pumpkins (and a few weeds) growing in the compost pile.  We had to put wire over it to keep the chickens out.  None of the pumpkin seeds I planted have sprouted.  I am not sure if they were bad or if the chickens ate them.




I was worried that the lemon balm I moved to the herb boxes was not going to make it.  This week it has started putting on new growth.  Yeah!




The bee balm has started to bloom!  It is nice to see some color in the garden.




Some of the old tomato seeds are sprouting.  I have an extra raised bed saved just for them.




The cantaloupe seeds are sprouting.  I am not a fan of cantaloupe, but W and my mom love them.  Hopefully we will have a decent harvest this year.




The older tomato plants are full of blooms.




I even spotted a tiny eggplant!


We planted some of my fruit trees this week too.




Kiwi


Loquat


Pomegranate


The bee garden needs weeding, but I need it to rain first.


Does anyone know what this flower is?  I suspect it was part of the mix of seeds I planted last year.


1 comment:

terricheney said...

That purple flower in the last photo looks like some sort of salvia to me...