Sunday, May 6, 2018

Weekend Book Reviews

Canine Confidential by Marc Bekoff promises to explain Why Dogs Do What They Do.  Mr. Bekoff is obviously a dog lover.  I enjoyed reading his interactions with the dogs he lives with and observes.  Much of the book focuses on dogs at dog parks.  I did find the book informative and entertaining even though I live in an area with no dog parks.  Most of the information will be common knowledge for anyone who has spent time around dogs, but it is still a good refresher.  It reminded me to let my own dog be a dog.  New dog owners will glean a wealth of information from Canine Confidential.

Carlos Magdalena's The Plant Messiah focuses on endangered or nearly extinct plants.  His love of plants began in Spain but has taken him all over the world.  I found the book fascinating not only for the plant information but also for the historical information.  I am continually amazed by plants and the power of a tiny seed.  This book took that to another level by explaining the very delicate balance between plants and their pollinators and environment. 

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: