Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Month of Savings - Day 11

I will be the first to admit that most of my money saving ideas take time. As a housewife I have time. Since quitting my job about 7 years ago, I quickly learned that time was much better than money. I had a salaried job and my 8 hour days were usually more like 10-14 hour days. I had the same amount of money but gradually less and less time. I was shocked to notice that when I went back to my old workplace three people were doing the jobs that I was expected to do on my own. After I got over the initial shock of have a smaller income amount to work with I loved the time more than I ever loved the money.

A few of the things that take time but give me rewards are surveys, and point sites. Some of the survey sites (Harris Poll and E-Rewards) give points toward rewards. Others such as Survey Spot pay with checks. I also like My Points and get the majority of my points from reading emails with only a few coming from shopping. Recently I have been doing search sites include Swagbucks and Live Search.

The rewards from sites such as this usually are things that might come from an entertainment budget. I get music downloads or gift cards for movies or restaurants. The time it takes me is minimal compared to the reward. Good use of time is an important tool for saving money.

No comments: