Friday, March 13, 2009

Month of Savings - Day 13

Whew! Dh and I are home from a long day of visiting yard sales. I will share my finds tomorrow. We got a late start thanks to the 6(!) overtimes it took to end the Syracuse/Connecticut game. After sleeping in a bit, we hit the road. My money saving tip is to stock up on snacks and drinks from home. We put several drinks in a small cooler as well as packing a bag full of snacks. When we stopped to get gas this morning, there was no temptation to pick up a few things. The prices at convenience stores make me shudder.

The drinks were from the Pepsi deal at the first of February. The snacks were from coupon use at the grocery store as well as a few single serve bags from the dollar store. Dh and I cannot agree on what chips to get. We had several things leftover and those will either be at home snacks or get put in dh's lunch.

We did stop and eat lunch. That was our only food purchase for the day so we felt we could treat ourselves!

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

We carry our drinks and snacks too! It's a great money saver while you are out and about!