Friday, March 6, 2009

Month of Savings - Day 6

Today was a no spend day for me. One of the best ways to save money is simply not spend it. I do not know how many of these I have each month. That would be something good to keep up with one month. Most of them are not intentional. I am perfectly happy spending an entire day at home doing no shopping at all.

Aside from budgeted expenses, most spending is truly extra and a bit frivolous. I am not against having a little fun when it is within the budget. Some days it is nice to not spend. I do have plenty of stuff so a the no spending days only help my family's budget.

Do you keep up with your no spending days each month? If not, try setting a goal to see how many days you can have with no spending.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Dawn, I have not kept up with my no-spend days but I think I will start.

Today was not a no-spend day. We had to go to Oklahoma City so we stopped at Aldis. Their prices were so low and everything looked so fresh and clean - we bought 2 carts full and spent $229!
Most is staples and it will last a long time though.
So I should have lots of no-spend days in my future!