Thursday, March 23, 2017

52 New Recipes: Weeks 11 and 12

This week has me caught up on new recipes.  Hopefully I can stay on track now.

The first recipe is Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken.  As usual I made a minor change to the recipe.  I left out the spinach this time and used chicken tenders.  I already had the chicken tenders in the freezer.  I loved how quickly the dish came together.  It had three steps:  cooking the chicken, cooking the mushrooms, and making the sauce.  I opted to serve this with mashed potatoes as I had some that needed to be used.  W said that he would rather have it with potatoes.  He loved the dish and was happy to learn that it had cheese.  At first he thought I had made lumpy gravy.  This will definitely go into our regular rotation.  I neglected to take a picture of the finished dish so hope over to The Recipe Critic to see her lovely photos.

Keeping with the forgetful theme - I did not take photos of the Seasoned Rice Pilaf from Good Cheap Eats.  I was pressed for time the day I made this.  I ended up just tossing everything in the rice cooker.  At first I thought it was going to be bland, but it turned out really good.  I might up the amount of chicken broth next time.  It was better than the boxed variety as it was not overwhelmed by salt.  This is definitely a budget friendly recipe.  It made a large amount with inexpensive ingredients especially if you make your own chicken broth.  I will absolutely make this again

I am planning to make wheat thins next week.  I know stores sell them, but I am trying to get away from processed foods.

No comments: