Saturday, March 18, 2017

Weekend Book Reviews

I put Botanical Beauty by Aubre Andrus on my Amazon wish list as soon as I had an opportunity to preview it.  The book is filled with easy to make natural spa products.  The creams, lotions, and scrubs would be excellent for your own home use or as gifts.  The sections feature products for Hands & Feet, Body, Face, and Hair.  The book also includes instructions for handmade items such as pedicure slippers and a spa hair wrap.  The pictures are lovely, and all of the products include ingredients that could be purchased at health food stores or online.  Many of the items are probably already in your kitchen cabinet.  This is easily one of my favorite beauty books as I love to make my own body care products.  The simple but thorough directions makes this a wonderful book for anyone just getting started or for someone who needs some new inspiration.  I highly recommend it.

Murder in White Lace by Karen Sue Walker is the first book in the Bridal Shop Cozy Mystery series.  Max works at a bridal shop in her hometown but has dreams of returning to New York City.  A bride collapses while trying on her bridal gown and later passes away at the hospital.  When her friend is arrested, Max steps in to solve the mystery.  This cozy mystery was not unusual but at the same time I could not put it down.  I read the entire book in less than 24 hours.  The characters worked so well together.  I wanted to stay longer in Crystal Shores and look forward to a return trip with the next book.

Laura Childs' latest Tea Shop Mystery is Pekoe Most Poison.  Lead character, Theodosia, gets wrapped up in another murder after attending a tea party.  The supporting characters/suspects are a bit out there.  The book was good but not quite great.  I did enjoy the mystery and especially the time spent in Theo's tea shop.  This book easily stands on its own which is always nice when a series is ongoing.  Overall this is a book worth reading especially if you are a tea fan.

disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!


No comments: