Thursday, March 9, 2017

52 New Recipes: Weeks 8 & 9

I am still a week behind on this challenge, but I am determined to catch up next week.

Week 8 is more of a cooking technique/recipe.  I had a half a package of refrigerated tortellini in the freezer.  I wanted to serve it for supper one night, but I needed a hands off approach.  I used this recipe for crockpot tortellini.  My homemade marinara was already full of garlic, basil, and vegetables so I left the extras out.  It was super easy, and we ate this better than the way I had cooked it previously.

Week 9 is another crockpot recipe.  I made Slow Cooker Chicken Bahn Mi from 100 Days of Real Food.  I was surprised that W liked it as much as he did.  The onions stirred in well with the chicken and were not overpowering at all.  We used homemade hamburger buns.  I had pickled veggies on mine, but W did not.  I would probably use some fresh ginger next time instead of the powdered.  I will make this again especially during the summer.  It is a good sandwich option for busy days.

It was late both evenings and neither dish was particularly photogenic.  I will try to do better next week on pictures.

No comments: