Friday, January 17, 2020

Grocery Spending Week 2

Week two had me spending a bit more at the grocery store although my plan is to stay out of the stores next week so really it is not so bad.  Also added into this is chips and dip making supplies for the first church youth group birthday party of the year.  My class has grown from 4 to 8 so I need to add in a snack to go with the cookie cake which will be two layers this year.  Still overall it is much cheaper than buying a cake and other sides ready made.

This week I spent $35.48 and bought:

gravy mix
half & half
ranch dip mix
crackers
cream cheese
crushed tomatoes
cheese for pizzas
pickles - 2
potatoes (5lb)
yogurt
pretzels - 3
sour cream
plain chips - 2
jam
trail mix
pizza rolls

W likes pickles with his sandwiches which will be on the menu as I have a turkey breast in the feezer to cook.  He and Toby love pretzels.  I found a pile of fruit in the freezer and thought yogurt, fruit, and homemade granola would make a nice snack.  If I stay out of the grocery store next week as planned, I will be under my $20 a week pantry challenge goal.

Grocery Spending 2020:  $52.96

No comments: