Saturday, January 18, 2020

Pantry Challenge Days 8-14

Saturday we had ham, corn (from the freezer) and macaroni and cheese.  I made a huge pot of macaroni and cheese with pantry items and the excess of cheese we had in the fridge.  Supper was snacky stuff again.

Sunday was leftovers from Saturday.  I added salads since we had eaten most of the corn.  I put two containers of macaroni and cheese in the freezer for future meals.  Supper (dinner) was pizza rolls after church.

Monday morning W left for an out of town business trip.  I had planned ahead and put several single serve meal options in the freezer.  For dinner (lunch) I had nachos using taco meat from the freezer and tortilla chips from the pantry along with various toppings from the fridge.  Supper (dinner) was tomato basil soup.

Tuesday I was still on my own.  Dinner (lunch) was Mongolian beef and rice with homemade yum yum sauce.  Supper (dinner) was broccoli cheese soup.

Wednesday, the last day on my own, I had a hamburger and chips from the freezer for dinner (lunch) and ended up eating cheese and crackers with some veggies and dip for supper (dinner) since I had snacked most of the afternoon.

Thursday we ran a few errands which took longer than normal.  Thankfully I had planned ahead.  We came home and ate Swedish meatballs (from the freezer), egg noodles, carrots, and homemade rolls (from the freezer).  Supper was snacky stuff again.

Friday we had pizza for dinner (lunch) and corn dogs with fries for supper.

I should add that breakfasts are a self serve meal here.  W generally eats an egg with either toast or oatmeal.  I have been eating a switch of pop tarts or toaster strudels - not healthy but I am not a breakfast person.

No comments: