Thursday, August 24, 2017

52 New Recipes: Weeks 33 & 34

Even though I was under the weather I did feel well enough by the end of the week to make two desserts for a family dinner.  I did not get a picture of the first as it went too fast.  I chose something easy for the first in case I woke up feeling less than fabulous.  I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars.  If my week had gone differently I would have use homemade cookie dough.  Obviously no one complained about the use of store bought dough though.  I loved that it was so easy to put together.  Honestly I might keep some store cookie dough in the freezer so it is on hand for making these.  Cutting these into 16 pieces made them a nice size.  I will add this to my recipe book as I know it will be making these often.

I did get a picture of the second recipe:  Creme Brulee Cupcakes.


I love every since recipe I have tried from Lindsay at Life, Love and Sugar.  She has made me hate boxed cake mixes.  I can just taste all of the preservatives in those boxed mixes now.  Lindsay's cake/cupcake recipes mix up easily and are so moist.  Okay back to these cupcakes...

I made the pastry cream the day before.  This recipe does have several steps, but they came together easily.  The cake portion was moist.  I loved the caramel icing.  An uncle came in while I was mixing it up and tasted it three times.  Torching the tops gave it an extra caramel flavor.  This were popular with my family too.  I could see myself doing these as mini cupcakes.  They would be delicious as bite sized treats.

No comments: