Saturday, August 12, 2017

Weekend Book Reviews

Dumpling Cats by Sarah Sloyer is a collection of 25 cats to crochet.  The patterns are slightly advanced for my current crocheting skill level.  I loved the descriptions of each cat.  The patterns were well written and featured pictures throughout.  Bonus patterns for food bowls, cat bed, and even a cardboard box are included.  I am adding this to my wish list so I can make these adorable cats when I am a more confident crocheter.  I suspect I will give them a try sooner rather than later as the cats are too cute!

Baby Bunco by Julie B Cosgrove is the second book in the Bunco Biddies Mystery series.  I enjoyed the first book so much that I was excited to review the second.  It is helpful to have read the first one but not absolutely necessary.  Janie and her Bunco friends are shocked when an abandoned baby is found in one of the empty homes in their retirement community.  Convinced it is part of a bigger mystery, Janie sets out on another investigation.  At first I thought the mystery would be lacking, but I quickly found out that was wrong.  This book is full of action and twists up until the end.  I love the fact that this book was just as clean as the first with a subtle Christian message.  Now I am waiting for book number three!

disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: