Monday, August 21, 2017

Weekly Goals Update Week 34

I am sorry for skipping any posts other than the pre-scheduled book reviews last week.  I was sick last week could only muster the energy to do the absolute necessary things.  Respiratory problems and high Southern humidity are not a good mix.  I am feeling back to normal now and am ready to tackle a new week.

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
Over the past two weeks nothing much was accomplished.  We spent most of the time dealing with downed pecan limbs.  We lost three large ones during that time span.  Each one meant a mess to clean up.

  


This is what was left from one that right at the back deck just missing W's kayak.  The top picture is what remained of the main branch after W limbed it out.  He cut that up into fire wood for my parents.  The bottom is one of two piles of limbs.  

This week we have some plans for smaller projects.  I hope to finish scraping the shower tile joints and maybe do some painting.

2.  Plan Ahead for Holiday & Birthday Gifts
I need to start shopping for a wedding gift.  I also have an idea for handmade holiday gifts for friends.  I just need to order the supplies and get started on them.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
At this point in the summer I am simply trying to keep the garden plants alive.  It has turned hot and dry.  If I can get everything through the next 3-4 weeks, I can focus on getting a second harvest of peppers and maybe tomatoes.  I am also getting ready to plant the fall crops in the empty raised beds.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I should have more time this week and be able to make the macarons.  Something always seems to come up to prevent that so I am hoping this is THE week.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I have 23 wash cloths to go.  My aunt also found some discounted flip flops for me.  I ordered coloring books and lip whistles from Oriental Trading.  I need to finish those wash cloths and pick up some socks.  Then I should be done and ready to pack!

6.  Boost Savings
Hmm...this is going well but not well at the same time.  We needed to purchase a small chainsaw due to all of the fallen pecan limbs.  I lost count of how many.  This past week our lawn mower started having engine problems so it is in the shop.  I am hoping for a best case (minor work) versus a new engine ($1500).  It is a necessary item though.  For right now the fencing is on hold.  I have been putting some extra money into the emergency fund instead.

No comments: