Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Weekly Goals Update Week 32

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
Last week W worked to finish up the cabinet doors.  All of the kitchen cabinets were completed before we moved it.  However W built a second cabinet for his bathroom and had made the built in around the aquarium in the living room.


This unit still needs to be painted, and I ordered cabinet magnets to keep the bottom doors closed.  Otherwise the cat keeps opening them.


These match the sink cabinet in the front bathroom.


This is the access panel below the tub.  It is attached with just two screws for easy access.  We have quite a bit of painting left.  W wanted to install everything to make sure it fit properly before I did any painting.

We have also done some work to the second half of this goal, but I will share that next week.  While building the doors, W cut his finger with the router.  He has been out of commission for the past week on any major projects.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
The focus here is still on saving.  I am thinking of going with books for the younger children and money for the two older ones.

3.  Use the Garden to be More Self-Sufficient
I picked more jalapeno peppers from the garden and made poppers for the freezer.  We have been eating herbs, yellow pear and cherry tomatoes, and lunchbox peppers.  My fall garden seeds are off to a good start.

4.  Take One Class a Month
The tartlets were a hit with everyone except W who hates lemon desserts.  I ended up being too busy to make the macarons.  I had planned that as a project for yesterday, but W had other plans.  We ended up working on the second half of goal #1.

5. Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I think socks are the last item on my list to purchase.  A friend sent a huge box packed with items to use as fillers.  It is always a blessing as what she sends fills specific needs as I pack.  I have no idea what fillers I need and neither does she.  It just always works out perfectly.  Hmmm....I am still working on wash cloths - 26 to go.  I think next year that will be a purchase item.

6.  Boost Savings
Planning ahead for purchases allowed me to put some money into savings this past week.  W also found a place where we can get the fencing at a lower price.  It will save us at least $500.  I am excited to start setting aside money for that project!

No comments: