Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Garden Update

I spent some time weeding the garden earlier this week so it was a good time to take some pictures.

This bed has very tiny lettuces, hibiscus, two volunteer tomato plants, two eggplants, zinnias, cosmos, and yarrow.


I have basil, blue hyssop, and chamomile.  The chickens love the chamomile which is the reason for the white wire shelf.  Hopefully now the chamomile can have a chance to grow.  I plan to add in more basil and some radishes to this bed.


The potted herbs are doing well.  I want to move them to a pallet saved from having our tile delivered.

The lemongrass has continued to grow like crazy.  I need to cut it back and dry some of it.

One of the lemons.  I think I have about 10 this year.

This bed currently only has bee balm, but I plan to add in some blue salvia.



The cucamelons are growing very well.  I pushed the containers up against the fence to allow them to run along it.

My bed of peppers continues to be filled with marigolds.  I need to find somewhere else to move some.



Cherokee Purple Tomato

Yellow Pear Tomatoes - Definitely one of my favorites to grow

Jalapeno peppers on plants that regrew from last year's stalks

Pineapple Sage

This is a mixture of things.  On the left are some loquat trees that my uncle gave me.  In the middle is a piece of pineapple sage.  To the right are two pomegranate cuttings and one fig cutting that I am trying to root.

W's first avocado tree grown from seed.


No comments: