Monday, May 23, 2016

Weekly Savings

W was sick for most of last week so I did not do much of anything.  I ended up having to take him to the doctor.  The visit was covered by insurance, and his medicine was around $12.  I also used some home remedies to help him recover and keep myself from getting sick.


I did laundry on days when it was sunny so the clothes could be hung on the line.


I harvested lemon balm, pineapple sage, mints, and chives from the garden. 


I baked two loaves of bread.


In anticipation of busy weeks ahead, I made burritos and cheesesteak sloppy joe filling for the freezer.  I had everything on hand for the burritos except tortillas which I purchased with extra grocery money earlier this month.  I bought mushrooms on sale and had all of the other ingredients for the sloppy joe filling.


My aunt gifted me with zucchini, yellow squash, and cucumbers from her garden.


My uncle gifted me with a bucket full of blueberries.  I kept some for fresh eating and froze the rest.

Those are the highlights from here.  I hope everyone had a thrifty week!



No comments: