Sunday, May 29, 2016

Weekend Book Review: Chelsea Market Makers

Chelsea Market Makers by Michael Phillips and Cree LeFavour gives readers a peek inside Chelsea Market.  The book is divided into topics arranged alphabetically and even includes a section on gifts. This book is best suited for people with a specific interest in Chelsea Market or those interested in a very wide variety of cooking topics/techniques.  The recipes seemed to fall on one of two sides. On one side the dishes were too far out there as far as ingredients for a very rural cook like myself  - like the squid ink linguine that calls for fresh sea urchins.  The other side had dishes that I already make all of the time - like chow chow.  For the record I prefer to stick with my southern version of chow chow.  I did note some middle of the line recipes but not enough to warrant actually keeping the book in my library.

This is not necessarily a bad cookbook.  It simply is not for me.  If you are looking for a broad cookbook that covers a bit of everything, check out Chelsea Market Makers from the library and see if it is for you.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: