Saturday, May 7, 2016

Weekend Book Review: The Big Five

I was recently able to read The Big Five:  Five Simple Things You Can Do to Live a Longer, Healthier Life by Dr. Sanjiv Chopra with David Fisher.  The title is not at all misleading.  The five things discussed in the book are simple and can be done by anyone.


While some health books can easily bog the reader down with technical details, The Big Five is easy to read.  Detailed supporting evidence is included for each of the five items.  It is presented in an easy to read format.  A few of the things I already incorporate into my daily routine.  The others are simple to add each day.

No special equipment is needed, and each of the suggestions can be done by anyone, anywhere.  It seems simple to say that I really enjoyed this book and the information provided, but it is true.  I highly recommend you read this book if you get the chance.  The studies and trials that back up each of the items are hard to dismiss.  I was inspired to make sure these five very simple things become part of my daily life.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: