Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Spinach Dip Recipe

I volunteered to take a spinach dip to a bridal shower over the weekend.  I tested one recipe last month and the results were mixed.  One of the complaints was the overwhelming mayonnaise taste.  I searched for a mayo free recipe, but it was still not quite what I wanted.  I did use it as a basis for my own recipe.

Spinach Dip  (Printable Recipe)
Adapted from What Matters Most Now

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1 package (16 oz) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 envelopes dry vegetable soup mix

Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until smooth.  Add all other ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.  Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to combine.  Makes about 5 cups.

I served this in a homemade bread bowl with crackers.  It was a big hit with most everyone going back for seconds or thirds.  This will be my go to spinach dip recipe from here on out.

No comments: