Saturday, May 14, 2016

Weekend Book Review: Food Swap

I was anxious to read Food Swap by Emily Paster.  The book cover states "Specialty Recipes for Bartering, Sharing, & Giving".  I did discover that the main focus of the book is how to start a food swap.  If this is something you are interested in, this is the perfect book for you.  It covers everything you need to know to have a successful food swap and even discusses some of the cons.  Various types of food swaps and explained including soup swaps, meal swaps, and even harvest swaps.


The second focus of the book is on recipes for items that can be swapped or given as gifts.  From candies to flavored salts and canned items, a variety of recipes are available for every skill level.  Even if you are not interested in hosting or taking part in a food swap, home cooks will be inspired by the recipes.

Keep in mind that a community food swap really means you will be swapping food with strangers.  If this does not bother you, I highly recommend this book for hosts or participants.  I fall in to the category of those who are picky about who prepares what I eat.  I was still pleased with the variety of recipes for making things for myself.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: