Thursday, May 12, 2016

Pantry Challenge Week 2

I am continuing to stick to a much smaller than normal grocery budget.  Last week was good where spending was concerned.

My total spending for the week was $19.52.  Here is what I bought:

4 avocados
2 lemons
baby carrots
garlic
almond milk
2 cream cheese
cheese for pizza
2 boxes of cereal


Meals are another story.  We did eat but with working on the house most days we grabbed a sandwich or something else quick.  W ate egg sandwiches a couple of times.  I had a grilled cheese one day and peanut butter sandwich another.

Meals I can remember:

Pizza & Salad:  I made a pizza using the dough and tips I learned from the Craftsy class.  It turned out really well.

Pork Sandwiches with Chips & Salsa:  I cooked a Boston butt a few weeks ago and froze it in meal size portions.

Stew Beef with Potatoes & Carrots, Rolls, and Ooey Gooey Cake:  This was for my dad's birthday dinner.

Hopefully next week will be a bit calmer so that I can keep up with meals.

No comments: