Sunday, May 15, 2016

Weekend Book Review: Make It Easy

Stacie Billis comes to the rescue of home cooks with her new book, Make It Easy:  120 Mix-and-Match Recipes to Cook from Scratch with Smart Store-Bought Shortcuts When You Need Them.  Let's just call it Make It Easy from here on out.

Make It Easy is loaded with from scratch recipes for everything from breakfasts to snacks to dinner ideas and even special occasion desserts.  I especially liked seeing the homemade salad dressings.  I truly believe this is something everyone should do and Ms. Billis' recipes make it easy.  I am inspired to try her recipe for fresh ricotta cheese.  The recipes stick to the title and are truly easy to make.  Each recipe begins with a mix-and-match section.

While I got the idea that this book is geared toward beginners, I think it offers something for every home cook.  While I do make my own salad dressings, I have never made ricotta cheese.  I am excited to add a few new from scratch recipes to my cooking.  Make It Easy is perfect for the home cook who wants to get away from packaged/processed foods without spending hours in the kitchen.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: