Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weekend Book Review: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way

Sarah Mae's book, Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, is a 31 day religious based approach to getting your home in order.  With this book I noted pros as well as some cons.  The book offers tasks over 31 days.  Each day readers are given a Mary challenge (daily Bible reading and journaling) and a Martha challenge (cleaning).


The book focuses on hospitality and creating a home that welcomes people in.  I have been in "perfect" homes where I was scared to even breathe for fear of ruining something.  A welcoming home is my goal.  The reading/challenges are fairly simple to complete.

This book seems geared toward households with children.  If this does not apply to you as it did not apply to me, you will find yourself having over a week of no relevant cleaning tasks.  While the cleaning challenges would be helpful to a home in crisis mode, I personally found them lacking.  Readers have no way to build a solid routine, and several of the challenges were too vague.  I was looking for a way to have a long term "Martha" home.

Overall this book was just okay.  I did not find it helpful for my life.  If you are a mom to younger children, you would most likely benefit much more.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: