Thursday, May 19, 2016

Pantry Challenge Week 3

My spending was a bit over this week from the $25.  I had money from the gift category and my mom's contribution toward the food for the bridal shower(*).  I also had some money left from the previous week.  Finally I totaled up all the change in my wallet to give me the amount I spent with a bit of change leftover.

This week's spending was $43.43.  Here is what I purchased:
Cereal
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Sugar
Fritos
Bugles
Dry Vegetable Soup Mix*
Fresh Corn
Lettuce
Carrots
Cantaloupe
Parmesan Cheese*
Plain Yogurt*
Frozen Spinach*
Frozen Pizza

What we ate:

Frozen Pizzas and Salads:  We spent way to much time at the home improvement store, and I needed something quick.  The pizzas were much cheaper than take out.  We had all of the salad fixings at home.

Ham Sandwiches and Corn on the Cob:  The ham was from the freezer.  I wanted to make use of some rolls so I turned them into mini sandwiches.  The corn was on sale again.  This is probably my last purchase from the grocery store as the corn is getting too old (mature) to be good as corn on the cob, which is our favorite way to eat it.

Ham and French Toast:  I used the rest of the ham to round out a breakfast for supper meal of French toast.

W ended up catching a stomach bug that is circulating around.  He only ate a baked potato and some bananas over the rest of the week.  I ate whatever I could round up from the freezer and used some home remedies to keep myself healthy.

No comments: