Sunday, May 8, 2016

Weekend Book Review: Forgiving My Daughter's Killer

Kate and Andy Grosmaire lived every parents' worst nightmare when their daughter was murdered by her boyfriend.  Rather than focus on the tragedy, Kate Grosmaire's book, Forgiving My Daughter's Killer, is truly about forgiveness.


The book is easy to read.  I finished it in just two evenings.  Early parts of the Grosmaries' lives are discussed along with the loss of their daughter, Ann.  Forgiveness seemed to come very easy for the family, and Kate Grosmaire credits her Catholic faith for this.  The book also introduced me to the concept of restorative justice.  This connects the victims (or victims' families) and the offenders.  

I did enjoy this book, and I have found myself thinking more about forgiveness of small, everyday occurrences.  Not everyone will need to find forgiveness in a situation like the Grosmaire family did, but everyone needs to forgive.  

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: