Monday, July 3, 2017

2017 Goals Update Week 27

1.  Completely Finish New House & Update Property
This was a busy week with some non-new house chores.  I did work on the garden areas.  I weeded around the rabbit area, the bee garden, and the main garden.  W has started demolishing the old house as we were unable to give it away.  He has made good progress on it.  He did find that the bathroom door was a good fit for the hole at the heating/air conditioning unit in the new house.


It needs a piece of bottom trim and a couple coats of paint.  I will eventually change out the door knob to match the new house.  For now I am excited about the recycled (free) door.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I took advantage of Mercy House Global's summer sale to purchase gifts for a couple of friends.  I also found an idea for a handcrafted Christmas gift.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I picked herbs, cucumbers, and zucchini from the garden this past week.  My plan for this week it to make supports for the cantaloupes and do more weeding.  I also need to add more jalapeno poppers to the freezer.  According to Southern Living July is a great time to plant zinnias, cosmos, bachelor buttons, marigolds, and sunflowers for fall blooms.  I ordered a few seeds and hope to get those planted this week.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I did not get the citrus madeleines made last week, but they are on my list for today or tomorrow. The next lesson is mini tarts.  I need to order some pans for those.  I have my eye on a set from Amazon and gift cards to pay for them.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I have 37 wash cloths left to make.  I also decided to order some pre-made hair bows.  My goal is to pack the boxes during August so I will pick up what I need to finish.  That will give me time to organize leftovers and make a list of needed items to buy/make for 2018.

6.  Boost Savings
I am planning to avoid going into town this week.  I did knock another chunk off the credit card debt.  We are still on track to be done with that by the end of this month.

No comments: