Friday, July 14, 2017

Frugal Friday

I took advantage of a couple of Amazon Prime Day deals.  I bought a gift card and earned a free $5 gift card.  The gift card was for a planned purchase of two seasons of "Elementary".  I used the $5 toward a large package of peat pellets - also a planned purchase.  I used the $5 book discount for a plant propagation book that has been on my book wist list for over 7 years.  I have recently gotten more interested in propagating plants, and my chosen book has excellent reviews.

We had some surprise rain showers one afternoon before my laundry was completely dry.  I quickly brought it inside and put it on drying racks to finish.

W and I had a full morning of errands planned.  I fixed a tuna pasta salad the day before so we could eat as soon as we got home.  Knowing that I had a meal planned meant we were not tempted by fast food or something extra from the grocery store.

I picked herbs, peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes from the garden.

I used old wash cloths as cleaning cloths rather than paper towels.  I do keep paper towels on hand for really messy stuff.  For every day cleaning I have found that rags work best.


A neighbor gave us a small grill that he had won but did not want.  It is the perfect size for grilling for two.

While out running errands, W wanted to stop at a store we do not always shop.  I decided to purchase some items from my list that would be cheaper at that store.  We decided to make a once a month trip to stock up on items that are significantly cheaper there.

No comments: