Monday, July 31, 2017

Weekly Goals Update Week 31

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
I feel like we really made progress on finishing the new house this week.  W managed to finish putting up all of the tile around the tub and in the shower for the back bathroom.



I sanded and painted the large bookcase that W built for my craft room and started setting it up.  I am about halfway through organizing the craft room.  I need to move out a few things and have some things to hang on the wall.  I used paint that we already had on hand.


While I was painting the bookshelf, I decided to touch up the back bathroom cabinet.  This will allow the drawer pulls to be installed.  The color of the bookshelf and the bathroom cabinet is the same.


On the schedule for this week:  I will clean up the tile and joints so we can grout the tile.  W plans to get some help from his dad to make the doors for our aquarium built in and the second cabinet in the front bathroom.  I also hope to do some more work in my craft room.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I am done with birthday gifts until much later this year.  I will focus on saving for the next few months.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I will harvest more peppers this week.  I will also need to spend a bit of time pulling weeds.  We have continued to get showers of rain.  I definitely need to start the seeds for my fall garden this week!

4.  Take One Class a Month
Work on the house was the priority last week.  I hope to have time while W is gone to make the tartlets.  I also have everything to do the macarons, which is what I am most looking forward to trying.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I have 27 wash cloths left to crochet.  W and I found cups and fork/spoon sets on clearance this past week.  I cleaned out the store closest to us.  I will divide the forks and spoons into bagged sets. I plan to divide out the hair bows and hair elastics this week as well.

6.  Boost Savings
The plan is still to limit purchases in August.  I am not saying that nothing will be purchased, but I do want to tighten the spending a bit.  The goal is to save enough to pay for the new fencing with cash!

No comments: