Thursday, July 13, 2017

52 New Recipes Week 28: Pineapple Bars

I canned some zucchini pineapple earlier this year.  I had a jar of it in the refrigerator that I needed to use up.  The recipe for pineapple bars calls for crushed pineapple, but my zucchini pineapple swapped in perfectly.  My only other change was decreasing the amount of sugar to 2/3 cup.


I loved that it made a small amount.  This dessert was light and extremely moist.  I took it to Sunday dinner with my parents, and they both agreed it was delicious.  My family are semi-professional taste testing guinea pigs.  For any of them to say they loved a dessert is a big deal.  I will save this recipe to make again either with the zucchini pineapple or crushed pineapple.

Next week I plan to try a recipe for homemade barbecue sauce.

No comments: