Thursday, July 20, 2017

52 New Recipes Week 29: Sweet & Spicy Chipotle Barbecue Sauce

I started making my own salad dressing a few years ago.  Honestly neither W nor I can eat the store bought salad dressings anymore.  I have thinking of trying my own barbecue sauce for a while.  This week I picked a recipe - Sweet & Spicy Chipotle Barbecue Sauce.  W is a big fan of chipotle so I figured this was a good place to start.

I followed the recipe as written.  I thought that it was good but slightly sweet.  W thought it was too sweet and suggested that I leave out the molasses next time.  I loved that it was easy to mix up.  It thickened up just as nicely as store bought sauce.  The less I eat preservatives, the more I lean toward foods that do not have them.

I will make some minor adjustments, but I think this is a very good barbecue sauce.  W expressed interest in a mustard based sauce.  I have a couple of recipe saved and will be trying that in the near future.

No comments: