Monday, July 10, 2017

2017 Goals Update Week 28

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
This week we work in the yard.  W cleaned up several areas that had gotten overgrown with the recent rains.  He also started building the bookshelf for my craft room.  It needs to be sanded and painted before we move it in.  Then I will be able to unpack the last of the boxes.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I am continuing to set aside money for Christmas.  I want to start keeping an eye out for gifts for my family gift swap.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
This past week I started pinning up the raspberry canes.  They are starting to get full of blooms and tiny berries.  I want then out of the reach of our free range chickens.  I will need to pick peppers for another batch of jalapeno poppers for the freezer.  Rain is in the forecast so hopefully I can get the flower seeds planted.

4.  Take One Class a Month
Hmm...those citrus madeleines...I still have not made them.  I am aiming for today if my morning goes as planned.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
The hair bows I ordered are wonderful and really worth the price and my sanity.  I have 32 wash cloths left to crochet.


6. Boost Savings
I am waiting to be reimbursed for a few things, but we are still on track to knock out the credit card debt.  We had a few unexpected expenses over the past week.  I hope the rest of this month is calm.

No comments: