Monday, July 24, 2017

Weekly Goals Update Week 30

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
This past week W and I had set aside a day to finish tiling the back bathroom.  A death in the community changed our plans.  We have rescheduled that project for this week.  I also plan to sand and paint the bookshelf for my craft room.  We got an estimate on the new fence for the front yard

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
No gifts to be bought this week.  I will set aside some money from the budget for the gift account.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
Another week with rain showers meant that I only had to water some potted plants.  I harvested peppers, herbs, and tomatoes from the garden.  We have been eating a few raspberries as well. We did have a garden mishap which I will share on Wednesday.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I finally got to make the citrus madeleines.  After the ruined mocha madeleines, I cut the baking time on this recipe by nearly half. They turned out perfect and were simply delicious.  This week I will be making lemon meringue tartlets.  I am a bit nervous about the meringue.  The point of the classes is to challenge myself though.


5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
One of my nieces gave me a bag of items to use in the shoeboxes.  It included a cute pair of sunglasses, individual tissue pack, and other filler items.  I have 29 wash cloths left to crochet.  I also need to order boxes as I plan to pack early this year.

6.  Boost Savings
I was reimbursed for a few things and paid that off from the credit card.  I am doing a pantry challenge and plan to limit purchases in August.  That should help with the other items on the credit card and get a head start on the cost of the fencing.

No comments: