Tuesday, March 15, 2016

In the Garden

Just a short trip around the garden this week.  Since I have started regularly watering the jalapeno pepper plants, they have hit a growth spurt.  Our winter was fairly mild overall which means the plants never died completely.  I hope they will do even better this year since the roots are well established.  You can see a tiny volunteer plant next to the original one.


I was not kidding when I said that the marigolds were sprouting everywhere.  I had harvested some seeds but will definitely not need them for my own planting.  I counted at least five areas as thick as the one shown below.  My plan is to transplant them once they are bigger.


Here is the patch of garlic chives that came back.  I had thought these were regular chives, but with the flat leaves they are definitely the garlic variety.


The blueberry plants are beginning to really sprout out.  I am happy with how well they are growing in their permanent home.


In the greenhouse the plantain and some of the tomato plants are ready to transplant.


No comments: