Sunday, March 6, 2016

Weekend Book Review: Death with an Ocean View

Death with an Ocean View is the first book in a second new mystery series by Noreen Wald.  Widow Kate Kennedy is the primary character of this series.  When I first started the book I was a bit put off my Kate and was not sure I was going to like her.  A few chapters in she became my favorite new mystery character.  Kate's kind demeanor and down to earth attitude make her feel like a long lost friend.

Kate lives at the Ocean Vista condos in the beach town of Palmetto, Florida.  Since the death of her husband, she has kept to herself.  The murder of Stella Sajak, Ocean Vista's condo board president, spurs Kate into action to help solve the mystery.  I read half of this book one evening and finished it up the next day.  The characters and setting were too good to resist.  While I liked Mrs Wald's character Jake O'Hara (from last week's review), Kate Kennedy is the true star.  I am looking forward to reading more of Kate's adventures.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: