Saturday, March 5, 2016

Weekend Book Review: Cravings

I know I said I was going to try not to acquire any more cookbooks.  I was looking for a new book to review and Cravings by Chrissy Teigen jumped out at me.  I truly had no idea who Chrissy Teigen was.  Just in case you are in the dark too, she is a Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model (among other things) and is married to John Legend.


I honestly am always let down by celebrity cookbooks.  I feel like they are so far off from what real people eat and cook.  This cookbook completely changed my mind.  Now I need to say "I am usually but not always let down by celebrity cookbooks".  I think the best thing about the recipes is that most of them use normal, everyday ingredients.  Do not expect any health foods.  The title gives that away.   I really enjoyed the quirky humor that is included in the recipe introductions.

Oh how I wish my life was a bit calmer so I could just cook my way through this cookbook.  On my to try list is the Pot Pie Soup.  I am even hoping for another cooler day before spring arrives just so I can make this soup.  The Honey Mustard-Ranch Dressing gave me a nice twist on the one I make.  I am also anxiously awaiting garden season when my jalapeno peppers are producing so I can try the recipe for Hawaiian Pizza Jalapeno Poppers.

I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by this cookbook.  I have also learned never to say "always" about anything.  Cravings changed my mind about celebrity cookbooks.  Wondering if it might be a cookbook you would enjoy?  Check out Chrissy's blog - Delushious - to see a few of her recipes.

disclosure:  I received this book from Blogging for Books but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: