First up are the red onions I planted in the fall. They are growing well but need more growing time.
I mentioned in the weekly savings post that I made a bee/butterfly watering area for nothing. I have no idea where W originally got the shallow metal pan. It had a hole in the bottom which I plugged with a piece of Styrofoam left from the new house. I used two big chunks of concrete also from the new house and several rocks from the old fish pond. I plan to add some plants around it and hope to have an abundance of flying visitors as the year progresses.
I am never at a loss for helpers while working in the garden. On this day one of the bantam hens and Thea the cat were on hand to supervise.
W and Leo worked on building new raised beds. I am always expanding my garden area.