Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekly Savings

W's birthday was this past week.  We are not buying gifts for each other while we focus on the new house.  I did want to do something special for him.  He mentioned wanting an Italian cream cake so I baked one for him to take to work.


In all of the craziness that has been going on here I had almost forgotten to purchase our vehicle tags.  I did make a special trip to town but avoided any late fees which would have certainly been more than I spent on gas.

My car was acting up so I took it to our local mechanic.  It turned out just to be low on oil.  My only charge was the cost of the oil.  I do adore our mechanic!

W borrowed a tool he needed for the new house from a neighbor.  W had something that would have worked, but this tool made life much easier.

W and I had scheduled both of our dental appointments for the same day and time.  It was easier to make one trip and be done.  We also stopped by the grocery store while we were out.

I won a free subscription to Cooking Light magazine in an online instant win game.

I baked two loaves of bread, made salad dressings, and hung laundry on the line and drying racks.

No comments: