Monday, January 16, 2017

2017 Goals Week 3

1.  Completely Finish the New House
We are having crazy warm weather.  This past week W and I opted to take advantage of the nearly 80 degree temps and sunshine to work in the yard.  He cleaned off the small back deck and put a house for Thea.  We both picked up trash and tree limbs.  I also cut back some plants that got hit hard by last weekend's 20 degree temperatures.  While the inside has no progress, the outside is looking much better.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday and Holiday Gifts
I added some money to the gift budget envelope.

3.  Use the Garden to be More Self-Sufficient
I started looking through seed catalogs and trying to narrow down what I want to add to the garden this year.  I spent a bit of time pulling weeds.  I started growing some sprouts in the house which is as close to gardening as I can truly get in January.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I did lesson two of the card making class.  This one was for a penny slide card.  I liked it, but I did not make a sample card this week.  I do appreciate having this public goal so I actually make a little time each week to do it.

5. Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I went in search of some discount items on clearance from Christmas.  I found some of the items in my local store, but they were only 25% rather than 75%-90%.  I will keep checking.

6.  Boost Savings
W had a smaller paycheck due to the holidays.  I was still able to put some extra money toward the credit card debt.  Yeah!  I will be so glad when we knock that out completely.

No comments: