Saturday, January 7, 2017

Weekend Book Reviews

The Perfect Blend by Tess Masters is a book of 100 blender recipes for everything from smoothies to desserts.  I thought that even among health food books this one qualifies as super healthy.  I did appreciate the focus on eating plenty of vegetables as well as a variety.  While this book would be good for the very health conscious, it simply is not for me.  In some cases other kitchen tools such as an immersion blender would have been a better choice than a traditional blender.  Many of the ingredients are not cost effective for me.  I would rather focus on eating foods I grow in my own garden.

The Capsule Wardrobe by Wendy Mak offers to help readers build a wardrobe of 1,000 outfits from just 30 pieces.  I found some parts of the book helpful  Ms. Mak reminds readers that the clothing should match reality and not wishful thinking.  While the idea of the book is good, I feel it is a bit limited.  Between Pinterest and many great fashion blogs, finding free fashion help is easier than ever.  I was not impressed with the outfits enough to recommend the book.


disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: