Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Goals

This time of year everyone seems to be thinking about what to do in the coming year.  A fresh calendar brings thoughts of a fresh start.  I decided to set some goals in the hope of keeping up with them all year long.  Here goes....


1.  Completely Finish the New House
We are moved in and pretty well settled.  Unfortunately we have a pile of small projects to finish it up.  This one will depend in some part on W as many of the things I cannot do alone.  I want to get all of these little things done before they become permanently undone.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday and Holiday Gifts 
This past year I was all out of sorts so I want to shop in advance for gift giving.  

3.  Use the Garden to be More Self-Sufficient
I realize that this goal is a bit vague.  By this I mean that I want to make better use of the space I have planting as much as possible.  I also want to start preserving herbs from my garden rather than buying them.  The more things that I grow myself means less that I need to buy.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I live in an area lacking in community center style courses.  Fortunately Craftsy offers a wide variety of classes (both free and paid).  I plan to finish 12 classes this year.

In previous years I have gotten donations to help with packing the shoeboxes.  I will not be turning down any donations, but I am going to step out on faith this year.  I will keeping my eye out for deals throughout the year.

6.  Boost Savings
Building a new house without having a mortgage means that we spent our money.  First up is paying off a minimal amount of credit card debt and then building up our savings again.

I am sticking with just six goals this year.  I might add to them as the year goes along.  These goals are big enough that I have no problem focusing just on them.  If I manage to complete them all, I will be thrilled!

No comments: