Sunday, January 1, 2017

Weekend Book Reviews

Custom Baked Murder by Liz Mugavero is the latest book in the Pawsitively Organic Mystery series. I enjoyed the previous book I read starring Stan (short for Kristan) and her human and furry friends.  This book was no different.  Stan's life is stressful enough with the upcoming opening of her pet cafe.  Add in her mother's engagement party with a murdered former co-worker and her sister's arrival and Stan is pushed to her limits.   I love the setting and the characters of this series.  The mystery is a bit easy to figure out, but I did not mind.  I look forward to reading more of Stan and Frog Ledge.

Iced Under by Barbara Ross is book five in the Maine Clambake Mystery series.  I have read a previous book in the series, but it is not necessary to enjoy this book.  Iced Under finds Julia settled in for the winter when her mother receives an unexpected package.  This package leads Julia to begin researching her family history and finding relatives she never knew existed.  The family element in addition to the historical points augment the mystery.  This is another winner from Ms. Ross.  While I would never want to live in Maine, I love visiting with Julia and her family in Busman's Harbor.

disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: