Sunday, January 1, 2017

Pantry Challenge Day 4

W went to work which means I packed his foods for the day.  He took instant grits, popcorn, ritz bits, baby carrots with homemade ranch dressing, a package of crackers, pineapple, and an orange. 


Breakfast for me was pancakes.  I wanted blueberry pancakes but could not find blueberries without digging deep in the large freezer.  I ended up making some plain ones and some with chocolate chips.  I froze the leftovers to eat later.


Dinner was a salad with lettuce from the garden and homemade ranch dressing.  I also ate macaroni and cheese with ham and peas from the freezer. 


Supper was cereal for W.  I had a snack plate again.  I ate pineapple, celery with homemade ranch, and cheese crackers.



I should add a note about snacks.  I am not exactly keeping up with what (if anything) we snack on throughout the day.  I did make a batch of roasted chickpeas using chickpeas I cooked myself.  We almost never eat canned beans.  They are so easy to cook in a slow cooker making them cheaper and healthier.  I ate a good serving of those which is one reason for the snack plate at supper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have a great pantry challenge going on there. We spent quite a bit on groceries in November, and then cut it down a lot in December. I anticipate using my January food money for some things to use immediately, some to bring preserved foods to life (like fresh produce) and to continue building my stockpile up. I'm not sure what it's going to look like exactly. One of my daughters and I are traveling a little bit towards the end of the month and I know I will need to eat out a lot while we are gone. One thing I hope to do is a better job with meal planning. I have plenty of food on hand to make many, many meals, but sometimes I just don't know what to cook because I did not organize myself! So, I'll probably try to get back to menu planning in January.