Thursday, January 12, 2017

52 New Recipes - Week Two

I pulled out my cookbooks this past weekend to find a recipe to try this week.  I looked at a couple of recipes that sounded interesting.  After I started feeling crummy, I decided that Ree Drummond's potato soup was in order.

I did not have any bacon, but I had the other ingredients on hand.  I added in some shredded cheese that was in the refrigerator.  I was worried that it was not going to be thick enough after the 5 minute simmering with the flour added.  Once I pureed the soup with an immersion blender, it was perfectly thick but not too thick. Please excuse the poorly lit picture.


Any soup recipe that starts with sauteing carrots, onions, and celery is going to be good. I left a few potato pieces rather than having a completely smooth soup.  I do regret not having any bacon.  I can imagine it would add another level of flavor.  I loved that the soup was made with basic ingredients.  I will definitely make it again.

This month due to the pantry challenge, I am trying more basic recipes.  Once February arrives I will branch out a bit more.

No comments: