Monday, January 23, 2017

2017 Goals Week 4

1.  Completely Finish the New House
The weather continued to be warm and sunny.  I burned the tree limbs and other yard waste we had piled up.  W moved around some piles of dirt to start leveling up the yard.  He also filled in some holes left by the installation of the power lines.  This was a big job made a bit easier with a tractor.  Unfortunately again no work was done on the inside.  We will get to it.  For now the yard is looking better.

2. Plan ahead for Birthday and Holiday Gifts
Nothing new to report here.  Most of the birthdays for the next few months are for little girls in our families who are all the same age.  To keep things simple, they will all get the same gift - a book.

3.  Use the Garden to be More Self-Sufficient
I spent some time pulling weeds from the two raised beds of garden peas.  I was happy to find some kale and radish seedlings.  The chickens and rabbits ate the clover and other weeds I pulled up.  I left the stinging nettle to grow a bit bigger.  I will harvest and dry it in a few weeks.  I also planted lemon and grapefruit seeds.  Buying plants would be easier and produce faster, but W likes to grow things from seed.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I finished up the card making class.  The information was good.  I plan to put it to good use making cards over the next few weeks.  Next up is Designing Elegant Edible Gardens.  I purchased this class last year.  Since it is too early to do any serious planting outside, I am hoping to get some good planning ideas from this class.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I worked on crocheting some wash cloths this past week.  The yarn was donated so I only have my time in each one.

6.  Boost Savings
While I did not have any extra money to add to the CC debt, I avoided any unnecessary spending this past week.

1 comment:

wolfek said...

I am starting my shoe boxes also. Would you mind showing a picture of the wash cloths. I think I can do those.