Thursday, January 12, 2017

Pantry Challenge Day 15

Breakfast was cereal for W - surprise, surprise.  I ate the last of the pancakes I had frozen.

Dinner was tostadas.  I had some masa harina flour in the freezer and decided to make my own corn tortillas.  I had tried before, but as with flour tortillas I used hot water this time and found the dough came together much easier.  I will not purchase pre-made ones again.  The flavor of homemade is so much better.


After I cooked these, I topped them with the leftover taco venison/lentil mixture from the freezer and some cheese.  I served them with tomato (purchased last week) and lettuce from the garden.  We also topped them with some homemade salsa and a bit of sour cream.

Supper was leftover soup for me.  W ate macaroni & cheese with ham and peas from the freezer.  The homemade frozen dinners are working out very well.  They give the convenience of a frozen meal but are much healthier.

No comments: