Sunday, January 22, 2017

Weekend Book Reviews

From Atheism to Christianity:  The Story of C.S. Lewis by Joel Heck is not a light read.  This is not a bad thing though.  The book takes readers through C.S. Lewis' life explaining what made him an atheist as well as how he returned to Christianity.  I found the book to be very emotional at times.  The author did a wonderful job at conveying Lewis' feelings throughout his life.  The book gives insight into Lewis' thoughts on being an atheist and how Christians can communicate with and witness to atheists.  While it is a deep and thought provoking book, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I now want to read more about Lewis as well as his books and writings.

The Recipe Hacker Confidential by Diane Keuilian is full of recipes without grain, soy, dairy, gluten, or cane sugar.  I nor my husband have any food allergies, but this cookbook would be very helpful to those that do.  I found many of the recipes way to far out of my husband's comfort zone.  I loved the baked plantain chips.  I have also marked several other recipes that I would make for myself.  I do look forward to trying out some of the recipes on family/friends.  While it may not be one of my most used cookbooks, it is definitely one that I will keep and use.

disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: